Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Monday

Yesterday was Lany Poniedziełek or Śmigus Dyngus in Poland. I don't know how to translate it into English - Dousing Monday? Hehe ^ ^ Well, it's old tradition in Poland. On that very special Monday boys should douse girls with water ^ ^ If young woman was dousing with water that means she won't be an old maid.

It's pretty fun runnig with bottle of water and dousing each other :D When the weather is good boys runs with bucket of water o_O It isn't that fun when somebody douse you with a bucket of water when you're going somewhere. But that's our tradition :)

Unfortunately yesterday weather was so bad (because of... snow!), that I haven't seen anybody running with water :( But I have a lot of fun with my nephew. We were dousing each other in home and he could do this all day xP He didn't want to stop ^ ^

As I said before I've planned to cook a lot. And I have :) 
Some of my cooking-stuff...


My "babka". It's a cake. Yummy :]


"Żurek". I've cooked it. Usually you don't eat this with bread but I've felt like eating bread ^ ^


"Rzeżucha". My mum always sow it on Easter. It's tasty and looks good :)

No comments: