Saturday, May 10, 2008

Holidays and Juwenalia

There was a holidays lately in Poland.
- 1st May – Święto Pracy (Labour Day) it’s day off – public holiday
- 3rd May – Święto Konstytucji it’s day free from work too :) – national holiday
If you take 1 extra day off there was 4 days free from work :) We called it “długi weekend” (long weekend). On my university they were so kind that gave us that extra day :)

Me and my family decided to go on the seaside for this free time. My mum didn’t want to go – she prefer staying at home than traveling ^ ^” On the trip was my dad, sister with husband and their child – my 4-years old nephew :) and me of course. I was having a lot of doubts is this trip going to be fun. You know – trip with your family and kid isn’t the same that with friends. But it turns out a really fine trip. There wasn’t any fights – almost :P but I suspected it will be worst.

Unfortunately weather wasn’t kind for us :/ It was cold and cloudy. Despite that, we walked on the beach few times. My nephew was enchanted by sand – he could dig in it for hours xD I was admiring views, listening the swoosh of surf, looking for shells and… shrimps! O_o It turns out that in Bałtyk are shrimps! Couldn’t believe that, thought they don’t live in salty water :P

Now I have a weekend and a lot is going on :) There are Juwenalia in Poland – it’s a big, outdoor event for all students! I love it! Once in a year, for almost month in Warsaw (and other big cities in Poland) every student can go on various concerts for free, there are parades too… During that time, students drinks a lot and have a really good time. Because the finals are coming they are having extra fun on Juwenalia, after that there will be only study ^ ^

I’m not going on any concert this weekend. Some of my friends are, but I’ll go to club tonight with my best friend and her pals. It’s going to be great! :D Can’t wait!

Yesterday was with Monia in Warsaw to have some drinks and talk. We’re walking for almost hour, coz couldn’t decide where to go for that drinks ^ ^ Finally found small but nice bar with pancakes and drinks :) We ate and then drink a bit… More than “a bit” ^ ^ But it was so fun!


A lot of rape near the coast.


Cloudy, isn't it?


Shrimp on my nephew's toy shovel ^ ^


Love the sea!




Dad gone out to sea and caught a few fish.




Seaport in Władysławowo.


Don't know what it is, looks strange but nice ^.^

Few pictures from our walking & searching for right bar with drinks.







Burn + wodka and some picture on the wall inside "4 kąty".


Martini + Sprite.


Ours pancakes looks a bit like pizza ^ ^ very tasty though.

No comments: