Sunday, May 18, 2008

Philip Zimbardo & Tibetan monk

I’m so happy because research that I’ve been doing for my thesis supervisor is almost over. I’ve done my part, now only have to give back all filled in questionnaires that different women were doing for me. I’m really glad I’ve done my job good ;)

On Friday afternoon I’ve been on a lecture of Philip Zimbardo on another university. He is a famous psychologist that create Stanford Prison Experiment, which shocked everyone. The lecture was about nature of evil. So fascinating! Philip Zimbardo is an extraordinary man! He showed us some pictures and short films. His talking was so interesting! He was speaking English, without translator (what makes me happy ^ ^) so I can practice my understanding skills ;) I didn’t understand only few words in almost 2 hours of lecture. (but I know I’m good in understanding, speaking and writing is the small problem ;)
If you’re interested in nature of evil, please read new book of Philip Zimbardo - “The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil”. There is a lot of interesting stuff on this site: http://www.lucifereffect.org

Also on Friday, when I was waiting for that lecture, decided to do something in the meantime. I found The Asia and Pacific Museum – always want to go there and now had time to do this. I didn’t know, but on that day in museum there was a ceremony of making mandala. I didn’t know what ceremony is all about and I’ve been worrying that when I go there, should stay to the end – but I haven’t got that much time. Museum workers were so nice, told me that I can go and see the ceremony and may go out when I want. Decided to go and watch the ceremony.
It was… strange. The museum is just 2 small exhibition halls. In the second hall Tibetan monk was sitting on the floor and doing something. 3 people were sitting around and watch, one more was filming it. When I come closer I saw a ‘picture’ on the floor that the monk was making. It was mandala made of sand! So amazing how the monk was doing it! For me even the monk was fascinating! ^_^ First time in my life I’ve seen Tibetan monk for myself! It was a little bit mystique… and hypnotic. I look at the working monk for half an hour and I felt like I was watching for only 1 minute!

Yesterday finally I went on Juwenalia! :D At Syrenka Stadium was a concert of IRA, Wilki, Dżem. There were more bands playing of course, but only those were interesting for me :) Went there with 3 of my friends and met one more. It was ladies night, because our male friends (well, few of them) went to Scorpions concert.
We were having such a great time! At the beginning were sitting in a park, on green grass, drinking alcohol (drinking in public places is forbidden in Poland, but during Juwenalia police shut their eyes to this… well, I haven’t seen any policeman yesterday :P). Then we went to concert, singing and jumping, dancing, screaming… It was just great!

And in the next week Coma will be playing! Can’t wait! :D

No comments: